- This program has passed.
The Ins and Outs of Sovereign Immunity
Tuesday, March 10, 2020 | 5:30pm - 7:30pm UTC
Click the button below to download a copy of the program materials. The file will open in a new window.
File Size: 1831 KB
|Register Now||Unable to attend?|
|[button link=”http://www.flaschner.org/online-program-registration/” window=”yes”]Register Online[/button]||[button link=”http://www.flaschner.org/request-program-materials/” bg_color=”#d8b446″ window=”yes”]Request Materials[/button]|
The attendees will learn about:
- The scope of the Massachusetts Tort Claims Act G.L. c. 258
- The entities covered by the Mass. Tort Claims Act
- Types of claims governed by Mass. Tort Claims Act
- Preconditions to suit against the Commonwealth, cities and towns
- Exceptions and defenses to the Mass. Tort Claims Act
- Availability of money and non-monetary relief
- Other types of claims against the Commonwealth for which it has waived its sovereign immunity
- Tips for judges handling sovereign immunity issues
- Tips in handling R. 12 and R. 54 motions
Part of the Superior Court Newer Judges Seminar Series, this program has been designed for Superior Court judges, although judges from the District Court are also invited to attend.