- This program has passed.
Real Estate for Superior Court Judges
Tuesday, April 30, 2019 | 5:30pm - 7:30pm UTC
Hon. Karen F. Green (Chair)
Hon. Mark C. Gildea
Hon. Robert B. Foster
Hon. Howard P. Speicher
This evening seminar will address real estate issues that regularly arise in the Superior Court. A range of topics will be covered:
- Mortgages, including mortgage foreclosures, motions to enjoin foreclosures, and declaratory judgment actions seeking to amend mortgages after a defendant’s default
- Jurisdiction of, and appropriate referrals to, the Land Court
- Enforceability of offers to purchase real estate
- Zoning, including standing, appropriate notices to abutters and remand orders, and related land use appeals
- Actions to clear title
- Approval and dissolution of lis pendens, wetlands protection, and the homestead exemption
There will be time for Q&A and discussion with your colleagues. The program should be particularly valuable to newly-appointed Superior Court judges, but also should be helpful to more experienced judges.