- This program has passed.
Online Legal Research for Judges
Wednesday, April 18, 2018 | 1:00pm - 3:00pm UTC
Explore the Social Law Library’s Free Online Resources
Click the button below to download a copy of the program materials. The file will open in a new window.
File Size: 2 MB
As a Massachusetts judge, you receive free, unlimited, 24/7 access from anywhere to the Social Law Library’s premier legal research databases and online resources. Recent updates and improvements to these databases make these resources more useful to judges than ever. Judges familiar with the Social Law Library’s online databases and resources (as well as those new to the Library) will find this hands-on training useful. Social Law’s Senior Reference Librarian, Brian Harkins, will cover a range of topics including:
- Social Law’s Massachusetts Court Databases, including the SJC, Appeals Court (including 1:28 decisions), the Business Litigation Session of the Superior Court, Appellate Division of the District Court and BMC, statewide Housing decisions, Land Court decisions, Mass Rules of Court, and more.
- Social Law’s Massachusetts Administrative Databases, including the Appellate Tax Board, Mass Commission Against Discrimination, Civil Service Commission, Divisions of Labor Relations and Insurance, Departments of Environment Protection and Insurance, plus 14 others.
- Fastcase, a Comprehensive Online National Law Library, includes all 50 State and Federal Appellate Courts, Federal District, Bankruptcy and Tax Courts, and Complete State and Federal Statutes and Codes.
- HeinOnline, the world’s largest collection of law and law-related material including the full text of law reviews and many U.S. Government and United Nations documents.
- Ailalink (provided by the American Immigration Lawyers Association), as well as CLE course materials, periodicals and direct access to the wealth of e-print resources offered by American Law Institute-American Bar Association.
- Plus much more!
Prior to the program, you will be set up with a username/password if you do not already have one.