- This program has passed.
Focus on Juvenile Murder Cases
Friday, June 9, 2017|9:00 am - 4:30 pm UTC
Sponsored by the Flaschner Judicial Institute and the Social Law Library
*This is a bench/bar program.*
Click here to go to the Social Law Library’s website to download the program materials.
Juvenile Court Judge Kenneth J. King
In alphabetical order
- Janice Bassil, Esq., Bassil & Budreau
- Juvenile Court Judge Jay D. Blitzman
- Hon. Margot Botsford (ret.), Supreme Judicial Court
- Dr. Judith G. Edersheim, MGH Center for Law, Brain & Behavior and Harvard Medical School
- Patricia Garin, Esq., Shapiro Weissberg & Garin LLP
- ADA Mark Hallal, Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office
- Barbara Kaban, Esq.
- Dr. Robert Kinscherff, MGH Center for Law, Brain & Behavior and Harvard Law School
- Superior Court Judge Jeffrey A. Locke
- ADA Kate MacDougall, Essex County District Attorney’s Office
- ADA David O’Sullivan, Essex County District Attorney’s Office
- Cecely Reardon, General Counsel, Department of Youth Services
- Rosemary Scapicchio, Esq.
- ADA Mark Zanini, Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office
“Focus on Juvenile Murder Cases” will cover the following subject areas:
- Review of Cases and Issues Pending in Courts
- Current Science and the Adolescent Brain
- Specific Litigation and Trial Issues in Juvenile Murder Cases (e.g. Felony Murder & Joint Venture, Self Defense, Statements, Plea Negotiations, Specific Intent, Specific Jury Instructions, etc.)
- Sentencing (e.g. Constitutional and Statutory Standards, Parole Eligibility, Sentencing Considerations, DYS and Prison Experience, etc.)
This full-day bench/bar educational program will provide you with a unique opportunity to benefit from the experience and expertise of seasoned judges, attorneys, and experts who have grappled with these important issues.
Space is limited. Register today!