- This program has passed.
Evidence: You be the Judge (In-Person Program)
Thursday, June 23, 2022|9:00 am - 4:30 pm EDTFree
If you would like to be added to the waiting list, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ruling on evidence is one of the primary responsibilities of every judge. Taught by experts in the field of evidence, this in-person, full-day program for both new and experienced judges will focus on current and emerging evidentiary issues (both criminal and civil). The agenda will include presentations by judges from the Supreme Judicial Court, Appeals Court, the trial courts, and experienced practitioners and academics, with time allotted for Q&A and discussion with colleagues. This year’s topics will include:
• Improvisation and Variations on Expert Testimony
• Proceedings in which the Rules of Evidence are Relaxed
• Evidence Admitted for Non-Hearsay Purposes
• Virtual Hearings: When and How To Conduct
• Preliminary Questions, Conditional Relevance, and the Roles of the Judge and Jury
• Victims and Witnesses Behaving Badly
• Significant Evidence Cases for 2021
Hon. Peter W. Agnes, Jr. (ret.)
Hon. Beverly J. Cannone
Hon. Mark S. Coven
Quincy District Court
Benjamin K. Golden
Visiting Professor, New England Law | Boston
Hon. David A. Lowy
Supreme Judicial Court
Hon. Gregory I. Massing
Elizabeth N. Mulvey, Esq.
Crowe & Mulvey, LLP