- This program has passed.
Contempt and the Courts
Tuesday, June 24, 2014 | 5:30pm - 7:30pm UTC
Judges: Please login to download a copy of the program materials.
Click the button below to download a copy of the program materials:
[button link=”http://www.flaschner.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Contempt-6.24.14-Electronic-Materials.pdf” icon=”download” color=”orange” window=”yes”]Download Program Materials[/button]
Size: 1.5 MB
Chaired by Superior Court Judge Thomas P. Billings, this program will provide practical pointers for dealing with contempt issues in and out of the courtroom. Topics will include:
- Civil Contempt
- Criminal Contempt (with Superior Court Judge Patrick F. Brady)
- What orders may be enforced by contempt?
- What conduct may be punished by contempt?
- What sanctions and remedies are available for contempt?
- Contempt procedure
- Contempt and control of the courtroom
This evening program is part of the Superior Court Newer Judges Seminar Series, but all Massachusetts judges are welcome to attend.